Awareness Workshops are half-day events organised for small teams of participants from the same nonprofit sector (i.e., arts and culture, community benefit, education, social services, environment, etc.) who gather together to address creatively a common problem such as fund raising, audience widening, service delivery, or board governance.
The workshops are offered free of charge to non-profit organisations that want to:
- learn more about the Creative Initiatives Process.
- determine whether they want to apply for a Creative Initiatives Workshop Grant.
A typical agenda for a half-day workshop might list the following topics, which are not covered in the same depth as they would be at a two-day workshop.
- Clarifying organisational aspirations
- Formulating a shared-vision and identifying the attributes, characteristics, and competencies that research shows an organisation needs to be successful.
- Identifying gaps between where an organisation is and where it wants to be
- Fund-raising or other topics of interest to the group
Awareness Workshops are typically co-facilitated by a nonprofit management professional and a fundraising specialist.